Our mission is to curate a collection of all your home & gift needs that you couldn't find on the high street.
To achieve our mission, we want to show you products and promotions, we think you’ll be interested in based, on information we collect from you and third parties. We only use that information where we have a proper legal basis for doing so.
We wrote this policy to help you understand what information we collect, how we use it and what choices you have about it. We’ve tried our best to explain things in a simple and clear way but if you have any questions, please contact us.
We collect information in a few different ways
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to obtain it
When you sign up for our mailing list or buy our products or service, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, and any other information you choose to give us. If you buy something, we collect payment information, contact information (address and phone number) and details of what you bought. If you buy something for someone else, we collect their delivery details and contact information.
If you link accounts from other third party services, we also get information from those accounts. The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
2. We also get technical information when you visit our website
Whenever you use our website, certain information gets created and logged automatically. The same is true when you use our website. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. Our servers record information (“log data”), including information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit a website, or that your mobile app automatically sends when you’re using it. This log data includes your Internet Protocol address, how you used our website, cookie data and device data.
3. Our partners and advertisers share information with us
We also get information about you and your activity outside the The Nest at No 9 from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with, or other publicly available sources. This includes information about your visits to an advertiser's site or purchases you made from them, or information about your interests from a third-party service, which we might use to help to offer a great customer experience.
What we do with the info we collect:
We use this data to make decisions to improve our products and services and send you promotional offers based on what we think you will like or have bought. We a have a legitimate interest to maintain our relationship with you, and protect your data.
How we store your information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use DETAILS encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential.
How long we keep your information:
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide a valuable service to you. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
Our policy on children’s information:
Children under 13 are not allowed to use our website.
You have certain rights in relation to the information that we have about you described below.
- You can request to access the information we hold about you. We'll usually share this with you within 30 days of you asking us for it.
- You can ask us to correct your information or delete it, if you are unable to do it yourself.
- You can ask us to stop using your information, and opt out of receiving our newsletters or marketing messages and object to us having the information you provided to us sent to another organisation, where we hold this information with your consent or for the performance of a contract with you, where it's technically feasible.
How we make changes to this policy:
We aim to meet high standards and so our policies are constantly under review. From time to time we may change this privacy notice. We recommend that you check this page periodically to review the latest version.
Making a complaint
9 High Street, Olney, MK46 4EB, United Kingdom
If you are still not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may write to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online